Tuesday, April 22, 2014

WROCŁAW-April.21.2014



Hey Family and Frieeeendsss!
How is everyone doing? haha im doin so good. Im still in Wrocław. This city is getting prettier and prettier as it gets warmer. 
So lots and lots happened this week. Im not even sure if I can talk about like half of it. So on like tuesday I hopped on a train (by myself, sooo weird) for like 6 hours. And went into Warsaw and stayed with the AP's for the night. And the next day I got my trainee that is fresh out of the MTC! haha man so fun and cool to see these fresh missioanries from out of the MTC. It's so cool to see how excited they are. And they are soo golden! 
It has reminded me ALOT of how I was and actually how far my polish skillzzzz have come along. But my comp his name is Elder Hon! He is from Gilbert Arizona. He is such a stud. And he has alot of courage and faith. And he is wayyy better at the language than I was when I came in so he is learning it quick! Im really just tryin to help him jump into this missionary work quick! But im learning a ton from him. And we are just doin really good as a companionship.
So our train ride back to Wrocław from Warsaw was kinda rough. haha so we like go to our seats. And there is 6 seats in a cabin and it wasnt that packed so I wasnt sitting in the exact seat that my ticket said. But then all of a sudden our cabin fills up with people and we are packed. And this lady comes in and sits in my exact seat and so then ten mins later a guy comes in and tells me to get out of his seat. So i get up and I wasnt like gonna kick the lady out of my seat so I just stood in like the hallway. haha so my nice little comp comes out and just starts talkin to me and we kinda get to know eachother. And I loook down and like this 60 year old lady is sitting in her seat and this man comes and kicks her out of his seat. I felt so bad so we told her to come and sit in my comps seat. So she did. and so we stood for like 4 hours. we came to a stop in a small city and some people got off so me and my comp decided to go look for some seats. we found some decently further down the train. So we go back to our old cabin to get all our bags and it was just a hastle. So we got to move everything to this other cabin and the doors to get to the other part of the train stop working. So we are just smashed in the hallway with the bags with no where to go. It was pretty funny. Finnally we came to a stop and a worker came and fixed the door. We moved all our stuff to this cabin with just a young mom and her baby sleepin. But we were excited we found a seat for the last hour of the train ride. And I was excited to talk to this mom about the gospel. But right as we sat down she got up and was getting off in like ten mins. 
We told her we could help her cause she had lots of baggage and a stroller. She was just like really impressed why we were so nice and willing to help. And was just asking where we were from. I helped her off the train and gave her a little pass along card and just bore quick testimony to her that I know our message blesses families and I know that it can bless hers. The spirit was so strong and she was just touched by it. I got back on the train cause it was leavin quick. And she just kinda watched us as the train took off. 
I just have a big testimony that the little things that we do for people go a long way! "No effort goes wasted" The Lord and these people are grateful for those small things. And the average convert  comes in contact with the church 7 times before accepting it. 
Probably the coolest contact that I've had so far. we were contacting in a park for my trainee's first day. We approached a man on a bench and he swore at us and told us to leave. haha 
my comp had no idea what he said but there was only like one other lady in this whole park. We walked up to her and told her that we are sharing a message about God's Plan. She moved over and asked us to sit down. We were pretty shocked. 
We quickly got into our message. And she really listened. As we taught what we believe I got the prompting to just stop for a second. And just ask her how she was doing today. She kinda talked about how today was kinda hard for her and she was just not having much hope in her life. And just kinda of went off a little about how hard life is. And I was really trying to listen to what she was saying and listen to what the spirit wanted me to say. I asked her even though life was so hard, Had she ever felt love from God in her life? She started crying and said yes. I promised her that our message can help her feel God's life more and we taught some about why we are here on Earth, and just God's love for us.
We are set up to meet with her on Wednesday! so pray for us! Her name is Nela
So Easter sunday was pretty amazing yesterday. EVERY SUNDAY without fail just like hits me so hard and I just feel so blessed. But we had like 50 people in church and it was so awesome. Like 30 of them were from Germany. Just like 3 or 4 families. And it was really cool cause as we sang in Polish, they just started singing in German. haha but it still sounded so good. 
But just wanna say I love you all so much. I love the mission so much. And I know I still have tons to learn. Cause im learning sooo much Everyday.
haha its pretty hard. But my love for the Savior continues to grow. I know he lives. And I know that there is power and hope in the just thought of Him. I know he lives. And continues to always love us no matter what we do. Because of him, "There is Hope in the Future, And Power in the Future."
Love you all! Remember the Basic things daily. (scrip study and pray)
Im so blessed and love you all!
Here are some piczzzzz!
ofas
kocham was wszystkich!
_Starszy Fotu


Pics:
Chillen in the Train
Our Easter Feast




1 comment: