Monday, January 12, 2015

Week 1 of 2015!!!!

Wasssgooood! I can't believe 2015 is here........
So crazy. This has been the fastest year of my life! But most definitely the best year of my life! In our call letter as missionaries it says we will experiences the greatest blessings and happiness than we have yet experienced. I had no idea about that when I opened up my call 2 years ago.
It was an amazing week. Obviously amazing to talk to my family for a little while! (And braxton and connor) haha crazy crazy story......
So we had something called MLC (mission leadership council) this past week that we had to prepare and teach to all the zone leaders and sister training leaders. It was amazing. The mindset of the mission is really changing. And President Edgren has a really good freind named Elder Clarke on the Mission Board for the church. Its his calling. He is one of the most amazing speakers and just people. I've never seen someone speak with so much power because of his dedication to doing missionary work. He never stops. He is always grabbing people by the arm and telling them they need to hear the gospel. So Elder Clarke skyped us on the 26th. He pretty much just hammered us with everything on changing the mindset and expectations of missionaries. It was amazing. He started out by saying....."I have a really good friend name Danny Humphrey...." haha my face was just like what... And I just like looked up and he noticed some how through skype. And he asked..."Do you know Danny Humphrey?" hahha I was like yes I do. He asked how and I told him about how I talked to connor just yesterday! haha It was pretty funny. But the mission leadership council was pretty. The leaders in the mission are young and ready to go to work. Im so excited about it. Cause I know the mission is about to get poured on with blessings cause of our mental faith and raised expectations. It makes sense too that the Lord blesses us when he trusts us as missionaries. And he trusts us with his children when we are prepared. And we are prepared when we are expecting it to happen! 
So for my little spiritual thought is gonna be from our e-mail that we sent out to the missionaries in the mission......This is week we end the year 2014 and start 2015. A perfect time to check our progress and recommit ourselves to reaching the potential that the Lord has in store for us. We've achieved many goals this past year and maybe even fallen short. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf (in Janruary 2014) explained that when we fall short of our goals, "we can be empowered... Even though we might fall short of our finish line, just continuing the journey will make us greater than we were before."
He also taught about the old proverb, " The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second-best time is now." Keep in mind who the Lord wants you to be not only in 20 years but in eternity, set goals and make plans to develop the best of habits. And choose to plant a greater love of Christ in your heart now. If there is hope in the future, there is power in the present.
We are excited for our area! We've got tons of faith and high expectations! So we will let you guys know about that soon!
Thanks for everything! Have a good week!
Loves
_Starszy Fotu

No comments:

Post a Comment