Monday, January 12, 2015

The New Year!

This week was pretty amazing. We had new years.... which was crazy. This country goes all out with their fireworks and alcohol....which is a disappointment. There is fireworks ALL throughout the night that keeps us up usually. It usually doesnt keep me up but I go the worst nights sleep this year cause i had a bad little cold. New years eve we are supposed to be inside by 16:00 cause it gets so crazy. And all 20 of the missionaries in warsaw were invited over to the mission home to stay the night. It was way fun. Some of you saw the selfy I took on Sister Edgren's I Pad that she posted on instagram. It was a party.
We ate some food. And then we watched Meet the Mormons! haha It was pretty awesome. I love the film. Its pretty amazing to see what the gospel does for peoples in their lives. That really is the gold found in it. I love it. I loved the humanitarian man that went back to his country and built water wells and schools. Its pretty amazing the vision that he had to have to do all of that. I think I want to be a humanitarian later in life. The football scenes of the Coach at Navy really made me miss it. But I know there is more in life.
Well this week we had Zone Trainings. Thats where the Zone Leaders take everything we taught them in MLC and teach their zones. The Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders are very young. But it was amazing to see the preparation they did and the fire they had as they taught it. I can seriously see the mindset and expectations that missionaries have changes. And I know this hastens the work of the Lord. Cause when we have high expectations we are prepared to teach those who the Lord has prepared. The Lord blesses us when he trusts us. Now the question we can all ask ourselves is, Does the Lord trust you?
Not only the mindset of the missionaries is changing but also the members. In Church yesterday the third hour was focused on the Area Plan for Europe that the Area Presidency has come up with. Some of the members just have the biggest desire and commitment to build the kingdom here. We are super excited for that. The Lord continues to hasten his work here. I can testify to all of you of that. Ive got a feeling that he is about to pour out his blessings on Poland.
Well we are working hard in our area and have a lot of potential that could really come through for us this week. A man named Emanuel last night got back in contact with us. He was a referral from Utah and actually from Nigeria. He is so humble and we lost contact with him for a while. But he wants to meet today. So im pretty stoked for that! Today we have a exchange with some Elders from the City Bydgoszcz. And guess what.... my trainee Elder Hon is comin down with me. So we will teach Emanuel tonight. Pretty stoked about that!
Well time is running out. I just want you all to know that I love the Lord. Elder Clarke when he gave us some train he asked us if we had any family members that hadnt accepted the gospel. Im lucky enough to have my close family in the gospel. But he continued to ask what we would do to help them receive the gospel? Ive been on the streets imagining if these people around me were my own siblings. At first is was really sad cause so many people said..."nie mam czasu.." ( I dont have time) But then for those that stopped I realized that I was bearing my testimony with more of my heart.
I think thats what Charity really is. When we truly understand what it means to all be brothers and sisters. We are all on the same path and have the same goal in life. On your mission is the best time to try and realize that and apply it. 
I love it out here. The Lord loves us. We should love him.
Love and miss you all! Thank you for the Support!
_Starszy Fotu

No comments:

Post a Comment