Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9th, 2014

So this week just flew by, like every week. But we were supposd to get transfer calls on saturday but they actually moved it to this wednesday and tuesday. So how its working out is if you are transfereing to a new area then you will just bring all your stuff into Warsaw for the President Uchtdorf Conference and then leave there with your companion. So I really couldnt be more exicted for this next week with The Poland Warsaw Conference. Its gonna be amazing to be there with all the missionaries and members. And an Apostle too.
This past week was really good. I dont know if I already told you guys about this guy named Mieczysław. But I met him on the streets about three months ago. And we've kinda met off and on. But he come to church a while ago and after I was talking to him and he was saying that he felt like only rich people come to this church and that these people are too good for him. And I was really confused cause there arent likre rich people in Poland. But as he was saying this our branch president who is just super humble and actually like disabled and on crutches comes up to him and like welcomes him and is just super friendly. Mieczysław was really impressed by that. And we've met with him off and on. But he has never taken a Book of Mormon cause he didnt see the need for it. A week and a half ago he finally took a Book. And we text him EVERY day and give him reading assignments. And have been meeting with him every week. So he really is our only progressor so far. But alot of exciting things are happening. The baptisms in this mission are really shooting up. So we are excited to find those ready to recieve it!
This past week something funny was.....
So there is this family here in Wrocław and they are The Zań family. Is their name. And they are sooo amazing. Its like this younger couple. And they have 4 boys that are just about as crazy as my brothers. Probably crazier in church actually. But they have one named Samuel and he is 8 years old and about to be baptized. haha and he comes running into church the other day and he looks at one of the misisonaries here in Wrocław and says "Elder! loook!" And puts these sunglasses on and says "Gangum Style!!!!" hahaha and starts dancing around. They are just like hilarious kids. And President Zań is the District President. And he got up on fast sunday and talked about his Son samuel saying something in the car about how the gospel is true and stuff. And President Zań finishes his testimony and sits down. his son Samuel comes up right after and says "I'd like to confirm the words of President Zań, that I know this church is true." hahah notice how he used President Zań instead of saying i'd like to confirm the words of my father. But they are just hilarious. I'll send a picture of them. It's nice to have some crazy kids around and just feels like home to me. 
This week really has been awesome. This morning I studied what the message of the REstoration is? and Why its important? Some things I came up with were....We can now recieve a remission of our sins and be able to access the Atonement more. We can recieve the complete companionship of the Holy Ghost. And we have a better knowledge of the Nature of God, The Atonement, The Plan and purpose of life, and how we can recieve ETERNAL happiness. Doctrine and Covenants 128:19
All of these result in some kind of Joy. This gospel simply tells us how to have joy. And I've never doubted that. Im just so happy I can be here in Poland trying to make others happy. And I've never been so happy because of it. Always remeber what true happiness is. And remember where is comes from. Our Loving Heavenly Father. Who loves us with a perfect love.
Love you guys! Have the Best week ever!  Im thankful for all your prayers! I know they carry me throughout my mission!
z miłośćą
                  Starszy Fotu

No comments:

Post a Comment