Monday, January 27, 2014

Hey family!!!!! 1.27.2014

Cześć!!!!!
I hope everyone is doing soooo good! Im doin sooo goood! Love the mission more than ever! This week has been awesome. And we were able to committ this man named Lech to baptism! He's bout 61 years old. He's just the funniest guy and just really wants to change! I remember first contacting him, in November. He was a little drunk and said he was interested. And said he would come to church the next day. The next day while walking to church we saw him again and said "Hey are you coming to church?" He said yes, but he had to go home first. As he walked away I noticed a beer in his back pocket! Crazy guy and has so much energy. But obviously has a problem with the Word of Wisdom. At the end of December we were able to get ahold of him and set up with him. 
When we first met, we asked why he wanted to meet with us. He said I know that I am not perfect. And I know that I need to change. And I'm searching for something to help me with that. This guy truely does what to change! He has so much energy and usually when Polish people shake your hand, they just put their hand out their so its just hanging there. But he has the firmest hand shake ever. and He is just always happy. This past week we committed him to live the Word of Wisdom and to be baptized on the 15th of Feb. When we asked the baptismal question after reading 2 Nephi 31, we asked will you follow christ and be baptized on this day?" He said, "Well I have to be if I want eternal life!" Spirit was so strong. His desire to change is so true! 
Im so happy to help him progress towards that! I was able to give a kid in our branch named Bartek the Melch. Priesthood yesterday! In polish. It was a little rough but the Lord blessed me sooo much! The people here are just sooo awesome! I seriously just love em so much! 
We should always be wanting to change for the better. The way we do that is through Jesus Christ. His atonement, and his example for us! As we do so we become better people, and we prepare more and more to become like out Heavenly Father! 
Always remember the simple things! Pray for me! so I dont freeze out here. haha its snowin pretty hard today! its been pretty cold. But We keep pushin it! "Kick when you dont wanna kick, stroke when you don't wanna stroke!"
Love you guys so much! I hope all is well!
Remember Charity. It never Faileth. And no matter what someone does to you, you should always repsond with love. Follow the Savior. Become more like him everyday!
one love.
kocham cię
ofa lahi atu
_Starszy Fotu!

No comments:

Post a Comment