Monday, December 8, 2014

Im freeeezin!

Well the winter is here. I think today is the first legit day of snow. It's not sticking at all. But I was just outside and it was startin to come down a little. It's usually pretty cold lately. got down to like -7 c or whatever. 
Well things are just starting to get crazy. We have had a lot of planning with President lately. Trying to plan out all the transfers and mission leadership councils and then I heard that Elder Charles (the presiding authority that was going to come before President and Sister Edgren left) he will be coming again. So we got a lot to do right now. Last night we spent a while with President trying to decided where to place and move all the missionaries this next transfer. It's kinda stressful. But we have fun doing it. I just can't usually sleep after cause I have so much on my mind.
I've been studying this handbook its called "Principles of Leadership". Its a church handbook and it has a lot of really good things in it. It talks about motivations. And it says something along the lines "Love is His motive, so it must be ours." I think that is the number one thing to learn on a mission is how to love people. First, how to love the Lord. Second, how to love the people. And third, is somewhat the same. How to to your enemies. If anyone can learn how to face iniquity with love they will be very successful. And I feel like it all starts with our thoughts. 
For me it has been trying to find the moments in life when I see the natural man try to come out of me. When someone yells at you....the natural thing is to yell back. But if someone can learn to control their thoughts then they will be able to control they actions and even their desires. A change of nature. This is where the power of the Atonement comes. For Selu with her accident it is was the very thought of Christ that brought her strength and comfort. I have no doubt that there is a legitimate power in the very thought of Christ. Thats why the basics keep us so strong. They guide our thoughts towards Him.
Sometimes for me it was "pretending" to love someone. Even though I felt I didn't really love them. Sometimes it was forcing a smile and pretending I was happy in EVERY situation. This becomes our true nature as we rely on the Lord and exercise our mental and physical faith. Eventually we begin to do what He would do. Say what He would say. And even think as He would think. And thats why we are here on earth. 
The thing that holds us back from doing what is right is the natural man. So first be humble to notice it in your life. Then be committed to overcoming it. Set goals and act instead of being acted upon.
President Monson said, "We cannot truly love God if we do not love our fellow travelers on this mortal journey." 
These are just thoughts i've had lately. It's Christmas and I've been thinking.....I need to show my Savior how much I really love him by overcoming the natural man in myself, and helping others do the same. Cause we are all on the same team. We begin to build our love for others when we realize that God is our Father, and we are all brothers and sisters. Its pretty simple.
Love you all! Thanks for the prayers and support! I look up to you all because of your faith unto repentance. 
Time is flying. Weeks are beginning to feel like days and months feel like weeks. It blows my mind. But I have a lot of work to do.
trzymaj się! kocham was wszystkich! Tęsknię za wami!
z miłośćą
_Starszy Fotu

No comments:

Post a Comment